Community Recipe from
- 4 pound(s) Broccoli
- 5 tablespoon(s) Olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoon(s) Kosher salt
- 4 clove(s) Garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) Pepper
- 1 Lemon
- 1/3 cup(s) parmesan cheese
- You preheat the oven to 425.
- Take 4 to 5 pounds of broccoli (I just got two large bunches), cut into florets (but relatively big ones.) Here’s the key that she doesn’t mention in the recipe: dry them THOROUGHLY. That is, if you wash them. I saw an episode of Julia Child cooking with Jacques Pepin once when Pepin revealed he doesn’t wash a chicken before putting it in a hot oven: “The heat kills all the germs,” he said in his French accent. “If bacteria could survive that oven, it deserves to kill me.” By that logic, then, I didn’t wash my broccoli; I wanted it to get crispy and brown. If you’re nervous, though, just wash and dry it obsessively.
- Now, it’s easy. Put the broccoli on a cookie sheet. Toss with olive oil, salt and pepper. (She says 5 Tbs olive oil, 1 1/2 tsps kosher salt, 1/2 tsp fresh ground pepper, but I just eyeballed it.) Now add 4 garlic cloves that are peeled and sliced and toss them in too.
- Roast in the oven 20 to 25 minutes, until “crisp-tender and the tips of some of the florets are browned.”
- I shook the pan around a bit as it went, but not sure that’s necessary.
- When it’s done, take it out of the oven–and here’s where it gets really good–zest a lemon over the broccoli, squeeze the lemon juice over the broccoli, add 1.5 Tbs more olive oil, 3 Tbs toasted pine nuts (I left those out), and 1/3 cup of freshly grated Parmesan cheese. She also has you add 2 Tbs julienned fresh basil, but I left that out too.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Banksb1 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Roasted Broccoli Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Side Dishes/Vegetables