Rigatoni with Garlic Crumbs
Community Recipe from
- 3 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 2 shallots chopped
- 8 rashers streaky bacon chopped
- 2 teaspoon(s) crushed, dried chillies
- 14 ounce(s) can chopped tomatoes with herbs
- 6 slice(s) white bread, crusts removed
- 1/2 cup(s) butter
- 2 clove(s) garlic
- 4 cup(s) rigatoni
- salt and ground black pepper
- 1. Heat oil in a saucepan and fry the shallots and bacon gently for 6-8 minutes until golden. Add the dried chillies and chopped tomatoes, half-cover with a lid and simmer for about 20 minutes.
- 2. Meanwhile, place the bread in a blender or food processor and process to fine crumbs.
- 3. Heat the butter in a frying pan and stir-fry the garlic and breadcrumbs until golden crisp. (Be careful not to let the crumbs catch and burn.)
- 4. Bring a pan of lightly salted water to the boil and cook the pasta according to the instructions on the packet. Drain well.
- 5. Toss the pasta with the tomato sauce and divide among four serving bowls.
- 6. Sprinkle with crumbs and serve immediately.
- Cook's tip: If you are preparing this dish for vegetarians, leave out the bacon, or replace it with sliced mushrooms.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by JamesMonroe and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Rigatoni with Garlic Crumbs Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Side Dishes/Vegetables