Ricotta Stuffed Meatballs
Community Recipe from
- ricotta cheese
- Mix up your ricotta in a separate bowl, I added romano cheese, salt, pepper, chopped basil
- and parsley to mine, no egg.
- The size of your meatballs will determine the size of your ricotta balls, I made a few giant
- meatballs, like one per person size and I also made regular sized ones, so I rolled my
- ricotta accordingly, placed the balls on a parchment lined baking sheet and into the freezer
- they went for about an hour.
- While you're waiting mix up your meat, I usually always add, garlic, onion, egg, grated
- cheese, moist bread, salt, pepper and fresh chopped parsley to mine.
- When the ricotta balls are frozen and ready to go, take some meat in the palm of your
- hand, place the ball of ricotta inside, then cover it with more meat to form a ball, that's it!
- Bake them in a hot oven 400F - 425F
- until done, of course that it will all depend on the size you make your meatballs.
- Let them cool down a bit before you try to stick your fork inside
- otherwise the ricotta will just run out. Trust me, I know!
- Adapted from Proud Italian Cook
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Melissa123 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Ricotta Stuffed Meatballs Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes