Red beans and rice
- 1/2 cup(s) olive oil
- 2 Yellow onions chopped
- 6 clove(s) garlic minced
- 2 tablespoon(s) fresh ginger minced
- 1 teaspoon(s) ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon(s) dried thyme
- 1 tablespoon(s) salt
- 2 ounce(s) fresh sage chopped
- 1/2 cup(s) fresh dill chopped
- 3 cup(s) brown rice
- 6 cup(s) water
- 2 can(s) kidney beans drained and rinsed
- 1. Saute onion, garlic, and ginger in about half of the olive oil for 10 minutes.
- 2. Add herbs, spices, and salt and saute for about 2 minutes more
- 3. Add rice and the rest of the olive oil and saute for an additional 5 minutes.
- 4. Add water, bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer for 30 minutes.
- 5. Add beans and simmer until all water is absorbed-- about 20 more minutes.
- Based on a recipe found at the Savvy Vegetarian: http://www.savvyvegetarian.com/vegetarian-recipes/red-beans-rice-recipe.php
This recipe is a personal recipe added by davesnyd and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note