Ravioli With Peas and Crispy Bacon
Salty, dense ricotta salata is perfect for grating and shaving onto pasta. Parmesan or Pecorino Romano also works in its place. Recipe by Kristen Evans, February 2010; from the Real Simple website: http://www.realsimple.com/food-recipes/browse-all-recipes/ravioli-with-peas-and-crispy-bacon-recipe-00000000028128/index.html.
Yield: 4 servings
Community Recipe from
- 16 to 18 ounce(s) fresh or frozen cheese ravioli
- 6 slice(s) bacon
- 2 clove(s) garlic, sliced
- 1 10-ounce package(s) frozen peas, thawed
- Kosher salt and black pepper
- 1/4 cup(s) grated ricotta salata
- 1. Cook the ravioli according to the package directions. Reserve ¼ cup of the pasta water, drain the ravioli, and return them to the pot.
- 2. Meanwhile, cook the bacon in a large skillet over medium heat until crisp, 6 to 8 minutes. Transfer to a paper towel–lined plate. Let cool, then break into pieces.
- 3. Add the garlic to the skillet and cook, stirring frequently, until golden brown, 1 to 2 minutes.
- 4. Add the peas and cook until heated through, 2 to 3 minutes.
- 5. Gently mix the ravioli with the peas, reserved pasta water, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper. Sprinkle with the bacon and ricotta salata.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note