RASPBERRY BROWNIE CHEESECAKE TRIFLE
Community Recipe from
- 1 box(es) brownie mix
- 1 bag(s) frozen raspberries thawed
- 1 pint(s) fresh raspberries
- 1 1/2 cup(s) heavy cream
- 1/4 cup(s) sugar
- 2 -8 ounce(s) packages of cream cheese softened
- 2 teaspoon(s) lemon juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoon(s) vanilla extract
- 1-2 tablespoon(s) unsweetened cocoa powder shifted for dusting
- 1. Prepare the brownie mix as directed on the box. I like to use the Triple Chunk Brownie mix because it adds an extra crunch to the dish. I followed the directions on the box on how to make the brownie more cake like. I also cooked the brownie mix in a cake pan to ensure that brownies were more cake like. also consider slightly under baking the brownies to ensure moistness. Once cooked brownies have cooled, break into small pieces. Brownies can be made a day in advance
- 2. In a medium bowl, beat the cream with 1/4 cup of sugar, until stiff peaks form. I usually put the bowl and mixer beaters in the freezer for about 5 minutes prior to making whip cream to aid in the process.
- 3. In another bowl, cream together cream cheese, lemon juice, vanilla, and 1/2 cup of sugar. Fold about 2 cups of the whip cream into the cream cheese mixture. The remaining whip cream will go on as a topping to the trifle.
- 4. The frozen raspberries that I got did not have much juice. You want to have some juice to pour in between the layers of the trifle to ensure moistness. If you have juice, great, drain the raspberries and reserve the juice. If there is no juice, make some. I put about ¼ of cup of raspberries in blender with a small amount of water/lemon juice to thin the juice.
- 5. Now it is time to layer the dessert. Start with a layer of brownies in the bottom of 3 quart glass bowl or trifle bowl. You are going to have 3 layers of brownie, so you want to divide the brownie pieces into thirds. Drizzle with some of the raspberry juice. Spread about one fourth of the mixture over the brownies, then put about 1/3 frozen raspberries. Repeat the layers twice, remembering to put some of the raspberry juice in between layers. Top with the remaining cream cheese mixture. Then top cream cheese mixture with the whip cream that you reserved.
- 6. Time to garnish. Use a sifter to lightly top the trifle with a dusting of cocoa powder. Then garnish the top of the trifle with fresh raspberries. You can be creative when making a design with the fresh raspberries.
- 7. Cover and refrigerate at least 4 hours before serving. The trifle does get better the longer it refrigerates
This recipe is a personal recipe added by daksbistro and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note