Quinoa with cranberries and almonds
Community Recipe from
- 1 cup(s) quinoa
- 1 whole(s) red onion chopped
- 2 cup(s) low sodium broth
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) salt
- 2/3 cup(s) dried cranberries
- 2/3 cup(s) sliced almonds toasted
- Serves 6
- Quinoa is naturally wheat and gluten free and is a good source of complete protein for vegans and vegetarians. Try it in this quick and flavorful pilaf.
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa, rinsed and drained
- 2 cups low-sodium chicken or vegetable broth
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup dried cranberries
- 2/3 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a medium pot over medium high heat. Add onions and cook, stirring often, until just softened, 2 to 3 minutes. Add quinoa and toast, stirring constantly, for 1 minute. Stir in broth and salt and bring to a boil then reduce heat to medium low, cover and simmer for 10 minutes. Stir in cranberries, cover again and continue to cook until liquid is completely absorbed and quinoa is tender, 8 to 10 minutes more. Toss with almonds and serve.
- Per serving: 220 calories (80 from fat), 9g total fat, 1g saturated fat, 0mg cholesterol, 240mg sodium, 32g total carbohydrate (4g dietary fiber, 9g sugar), 6g protein
This recipe is a personal recipe added by MaryanneCosta and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Quinoa with cranberries and almonds Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes