Quinoa, Sweet peppers, and Fig Salad
Community Recipe from
- 1 cup(s) dry Sherry
- 1 cup(s) Quinoa
- 2.5 cup(s) Chicken Stock or store-bought chicken broth
- 2 stalk(s) scallions white and light green parts only, thinly sliced
- 1 cup(s) Figs stemmed and chopped
- 1 cup(s) carrot finely chopped
- 0.25 cup(s) green bell pepper finely chopped
- 0.25 cup(s) red bell pepper finely chopped
- 1 yellow pepper finely chopped
- 0.25 cup(s) cilantro chopped fresh
- 1/3 cup(s) Tangy Citrus Vinaigrette
- Pour the sherry into a medium bowl. Add the currants and set aside to rehydrate for 20 minutes. Drain the currants, discard any remaining sherry, and set the currants aside.
- Place the quinoa in a fine-mesh sieve and rinse under cold running water. Bring the chicken stock to a boil in a medium saucepan over high heat. Add the quinoa and return to a boil. Cover, reduce the heat to low, and cook until the quinoa is tender, 20 to 25 minutes. Scrape the quinoa into a large bowl and set aside to cool.
- Stir the scallions, figs, carrots, bell peppers, and cilantro into the cooled quinoa. Pour the citrus vinaigrette over the salad and stir gently to combine. Serve immediately or refrigerate for up to 3 days. The salad can be served cold or at room temperature.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by MrsWhitenight and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note