Pumpkin Whoopie Pies
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar substitute
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 5 eggs
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 teaspoon Spice Island Pure Vanilla Extract
- CREAM CHEESE FILLING:
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon Pure Vanilla Extract
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves and salt. In another bowl, whisk the eggs, pumpkin, water, oil, applesauce, & vanilla. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Drop by 2 tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto greased baking sheets. Bake at 350 for 8-10 minutes. Remove to wire racks to cool.
- In a small bowl, beat the filling ingredients until smooth. Spread over the bottom of half of the cookies; top with remaining cookies. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 2 dozen.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Flourchild60 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note