Pumpkin Coffee Cake w/ Brown Sugar Glaze
Community Recipe from
- 1/3 cup(s) Water
- 1 can(s) Pureed Pumpkin 15 oz
- 2 whole(s) Eggs
- 1 tablespoon(s) Vanilla Extract
- 2 tablespoon(s) Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 1 box(es) Yellow Cake Mix 18 oz
- 1 teaspoon(s) Baking soda
- 1 cup(s) Brown Sugar Divided
- 1/2 cup(s) Flour
- 4 tablespoon(s) Butter Melted
- 1/4 cup(s) Granulated Sugar
- 1 teaspoon(s) Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 cup(s) Heavy Whipping Cream
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- In a large bowl mix together the water, pumpkin, eggs, 1 Tablespoon of vanilla, and pumpkin pie spice until well combined. Add the cake mix and baking soda and mix until just combined.
- Grease a 9×13 pan with butter and pour batter into pan.
- In a small bowl mix together 1/2 cup of brown sugar, 1/2 cup flour and melted butter. Use your fingers to sprinkle over the top of the cake. Bake at 350 for 25-30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- For the glaze, combine the other 1/2 cup brown sugar, granulated sugar, 1 teaspoon vanilla, and heavy cream in a saucepan and bring to a simmer. Remove from heat and stir until all sugar is dissolved.
- When cake is finished baking, poke holes in the top with a toothpick. Pour glaze over the cake, making sure to cover all surfaces. Serve cake warm or at room temperature.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by shawnazimm and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Pumpkin Coffee Cake w/ Brown Sugar Glaze Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Breakfast/Brunch