Pulled Pork (or carnitas base)
- 1 whole(s) pork sirloin tip roast
- 2 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 1/2 cup(s) dry white wine
- 2 pinch(s) salt
- 2 pinch(s) black pepper
- 1 cup(s) baby carrots
- 1 bulb(s) yellow onion quartered
- 2 tablespoon(s) whole black peppercorns
- 2 sprig(s) bay leaf dried
- 1 bottle(s) beer, any type
- 1 quart(s) chicken broth
- 1 cup(s) water to cover
- Sprinkle salt and pepper on pork.
- Heat olive oil in pan.
- Brown pork on all sides over high heat.
- Fill crock pot with onions, carrots, bay leaves, peppercorns. Place browned pork on top of vegetables in crock pot.
- Deglaze pork pan with white wine over high heat. After one minute of scraping pan drizzle remaining liquid over pork.
- Fill crock pot with remaining ingredients to just cover pork.
- Set crock pot on low for 8 hours.
- After pork is finished, you can use it for pulled pork by draining liquid and adding your choice of BBQ sauce, we like Sweet Baby Ray's. The vegetables can be interchanged with whatever you have such as celery, garlic, or peppers. onion can be substituted with onion powder.
- You can also use the drained pork for carnitas. By hand, flake meat, then over high heat on a nonstick griddle or pan, toast pork with minced red onion,lime, and cilantro. serve with warm corn tortillas and fresh pico de gallo.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by kimono86 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note