Too labor intensive for me (deveining shrimp, cooking bacon/crumbling, chopping parsley, separating puff pastry, rolling each one neatly - then baking in batches)! Very strong salty flavors - could only eat one without needing a tall glass of water! For parties I need something quick and easy. If you have some time (and no children to watch), give it a go.
Puff Pastry-Wrapped Jumbo Shrimp
Thaw: 40 Minutes
- 1 package(s) (5.2 ounces) garlic & herb spreadable cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon(s) finely chopped fresh parsley
- 2 slice(s) bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 18 fresh jumbo shrimp (about 1 pound), peeled with tail left on, deveined and butterflied
- 1 sheet Pepperidge Farm Puff Pastry, thawed
- • Heat the oven to 400°F.
- • Stir the cheese, parsley and bacon in a medium bowl. Spoon about 2 teaspoons cheese mixture down the center of each shrimp. Fold the sides of the shrimp over the filling.
- • Unfold the pastry sheet on a lightly floured surface. Cut the pastry sheet crosswise into 18 (1/2-inch wide) strips. Starting at the top, wind 1 pastry strip around 1 shrimp, slightly overlapping the pastry and ending just before the tail. Repeat with the remaining pastry strips and shrimp. Place the pastries onto a baking sheet.
- • Bake for 15 minutes or until the pastries are golden brown.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note