Posole (Mexican soup with pork and hominy)
Community Recipe from
- 3 cup(s) pork tenderloin cubed
- 2 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 1 onion - large chopped
- 2 garlic cloves peeled and diced
- 1 teaspoon(s) cumin (ground)
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) oregano (ground)
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) black pepper
- 2 can(s) diced green chili peppers (4 oz cans)
- 2 can(s) hominy (15 oz - I use one white and one yellow) drained and rinsed
- 2 can(s) cooked pinto beans (I used canned with jalapenos)
- 1 quart(s) chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon(s) Emeril's Original Essense
- 1/2 cup(s) cilantro (fresh chopped) for garnish if desired
- 2 whole(s) lime wedges (for garnish if desired)
- 1 bag(s) fritos (for garnish if desired)
- 1 jalapeno peppers (fresh chopped for garnish if desired)
- 1. Season cubed pork with Emeril's Original Essense.
- 2. Saute onions in large dutch oven with heated olive oil.
- 3. Add pork and garlic and brown.
- 4. Add green chili, rinsed hominy and beans.
- 5. Cook several minutes.
- 6. Pour chicken broth over and stir.
- 7. Add salt to taste.
- 8. Simmer, covered about 1 hour.
- Great to freeze for re-heating later in individual servings!
This recipe is a personal recipe added by cyndemmm and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note