Pork and Tomatillo Chili
Community Recipe from
- 1 cup(s) orange juice
- 1 bottle(s) dark beer room temp
- 1 pound(s) tomatillos husks removed, washed, quartered
- 1 head(s) garlic peeled, rough chopped
- spray oil
- 2 pound(s) trimmed boneless pork cut into 1/2" cubes & blotted dry
- 2 large onions thinly sliced
- 2 pound(s) ripe tomatoes peeled & rough chopped
- 3 jalapenos stemmed, seeded, diced
- 1 teaspoon(s) crushed red pepper
- 1 bunch(es) cilantro leaves rough chopped
- 3 can(s) black beans drained & rinsed
- Lime Sour Cream
- 1/2 cup(s) fat free sour cream
- 1 lime grated zest & juice
- Other Accompanienaments
- cooked white rice or cornbread
- avocado slices
- cilantro leaves
- 1. In large stewpot over medium heat, combine juice and beer. Add the quartered tomatillos and cook 20 min. Remove from heat.
- 2. Coat large skillet with spray oil. Over medium heat cook the chopped garlic for c. 2 min, avoid browning. Remove and add to stewpot.
- 3. Salt & pepper the cubed pork.
- 4. Raise heat under skillet to medium-high and brown the pork cubes in small batches, removing to stewpot as they're done. Use a little more cooking spray as needed.
- 5. Add the sliced onions to the skillet and lightly brown, removing to stewpot when done.
- 6. Return stewpot to medium heat. Add chopped tomatoes, diced jalapenos, crushed red pepper, chopped cilantro and stir to combine.
- 7. Bring stewpot to a simmer, then reduce heat to low. Cover and cook for 2 hours.
- 8. Add the drained & rinsed beans. Cook uncovered for 1/2 hour more.
- Lime Sour Cream
- 1. Whisk the sour cream, zest and juice til blended.
- Serve the chili -either- over white rice -or- with cornbread. Garnish with a small dollop of lime cream, avocado slices and sprigs of cilantro.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by carolfitz and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note