Poached Cod with Cabbage and Peas
- 1 head Savoy cabbage
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1/2 teaspoon plus 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 7 cod fillets, about 6 ounces each
- Shred the cabbage, reserving half in a resealable plastic bag for another use. Heat the oil and butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the remaining cabbage, the pepper, and 1/2 teaspoon of the salt and saut until soft and golden, 5 to 6 minutes. Add the peas and cook another minute. Remove from skillet to a plate, cover with foil, and set aside.
- Add the chicken broth, lemon juice, and remaining salt to the skillet and bring to a simmer. Place the cod in the pan and poach, covered, until opaque, about 4 minutes total, flipping carefully once. (Cook in batches if necessary.) Remove the cod from the pan, reserving 3 fillets for another use.
- Boil the poaching liquid over high heat until slightly thickened, about 2 minutes. Serve the cod over the cabbage, drizzling some of the cooking liquid over each fillet.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Atlantambn and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note