Delicious and perfect for a party! So happy I was able to find the larger-sized recipe.
Pizza Rustica (Party-sized)
Total Time Plus Time For Cooling:
2 Hours, 30 Minutes
- For the Dough
- 6 cup(s) all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1 pound(s) chilled salted butter, cut into large pieces
- 5 large eggs, beaten
- For the Filling
- 12 ounce(s) proscuitto 1/4" dice
- 8 ounce(s) boiled ham 1/4" dice
- 8 ounce(s) pepperoni 1/4" dice
- 8 ounce(s) soppressata 1/4" dice
- 8 ounce(s) mozzarella cheese 1/4" dice
- 8 ounce(s) provolone 1/4" dice
- 2 pound(s) ricotta cheese
- 4 ounce(s) grated pecorino Romano
- 10 large eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon(s) pepper
- 1 large egg, beaten for brushing crust
- 1.For the Dough: In a large bowl, whisk together 6 cups flour and the salt. Using a pastry cutter, large fork, or two knives, cut the butter into the flour until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Add eggs and knead for 1 minute. Add about 1 1/4 cups ice water, a little at a time, to form a cohesive dough. Knead the dough on a lightly floured surface until it forms a large smooth ball, about 5 minutes. Cover with plastic wrap and set aside for 30 minutes.
- 2. For the filling: mix the meats, cheeses, the 10 eggs and pepper in a large bowl.
- 3. Heat the oven to 350 degrees. Divide the dough into two pieces: 2/3rds for the bottom crust and 1/3 for the top. On a lightly floured surface, roll out the larger portion of the dough into a rectangle to line the bottom and sides of a 10X15-inch glass baking dish with some overhang. Add the filling and smooth it lightly. Moisten the eggs of the dough with a little water.
- 4. Roll out the remaining dough to cover the top of the dish with some overhang. Trim off excess dough and crimp the edges to seal. Poke several sets of holes across the top with a fork. Bake for 45 minutes. Remove from the oven and brush top and edges with the beaten egg, then return to the oven until golden brown, another 45 minutes. Let pie cool completely before serving.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by 22Janet and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Pizza Rustica (Party-sized) Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Appetizers