Pickled Jalapeno Peppers
Community Recipe from
- 1 cup(s) white or cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup(s) olive oil
- 1 tablespoon(s) pickling spice (tie in bag) discard later
- 1/4 cup(s) water
- 1 teaspoon(s) kosher salt or regular salt
- Bay leaves
- Wash peppers and slice 1/4 to 1/2 inch thick. Pack loosely to tight in a mason jar with 1 bay leaf in each jar. Heat ingredients to a boil and pour over peppers in the jar. Place jar lid after wiping jar rim clean and tighten. Process 10 minutes in a boiling water bath.
- Do not forget the olive oil because it is the secret. For a clear liquid, use white vinegar; for the best flavor, use cidar vinegar. Also regular salt tends to cloud the liquid. Kosher salt makes the peppers look more attractive.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by ltruss3606 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Pickled Jalapeno Peppers Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Sauces/Condiments