Peruvian Steak and Potato Stir-Fry
Community Recipe from
- 1/4 cup(s) Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon(s) Ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon(s) Ground coriander
- 1 Garlic clove, minced
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 pound(s) Skirt steak
- 1 Red onion, halved and slivered
- Vegetable oil, for frying (*not needed if baking fries)
- 8 ounce(s) Frozen french fries
- 1/4 cup(s) Sliced pickled jalapexC3xB1os
- 1 Large tomato, chopped
- 1/4 cup(s) Cilantro
- Hot sauce, for serving
- 1.In a large bowl, combine the olive oil, cumin, coriander, garlic and a generous pinch each of salt and pepper. Cut the steak into 4-inch pieces; slice the steaks across the grain 1/2 inch thick and add to the bowl along with the onion. Let marinate for 10 minutes.
- 2.Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat 1/2 inch of oil until shimmering. Add the french fries and fry over high heat until golden and crisp, about 3 minutes; drain on paper towels.
- 3.Heat a large griddle until very hot. Add the steak and onion along with the pickled jalapeños and stir-fry over high heat until the meat and onion are cooked through and lightly charred, 3 to 4 minutes. Add the tomato and cook until softened and beginning to char, about 1 minute. Add the french fries and cilantro and flip with a spatula to combine. Serve right away with hot sauce.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Caseywareagle and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Peruvian Steak and Potato Stir-Fry Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes