Peruvian Chicken with Green Sauce
Community Recipe from
- 1/2 cup(s) soy sauce
- 3/4 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 1/2 cup soy sauce (low sodium, if you prefer)
- 3 tablespoons distilled white vinegar
- 1-1/2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1-1/2 teaspoons hot paprika
- 3/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 6 cloves garlic
- 8 small bone-in chicken thighs with skin (about 3 pounds)
- Green Sauce (recipe follows below)
- 1. Combine the cilantro, soy sauce, vinegar, vegetable oil, cumin, paprika, oregano, and the desired amount of cayenne in a blender; press in the garlic (about 2 tablespoons) and puree for the marinade. Combine the marinade and the chicken in a resealable plastic bag and set aside at room temperature for 30 minutes, turning the bag once.
- 2. Place an oven rack on the top shelf of the oven and preheat the oven to 450°F. Drain the chicken, discarding the marinade, and pat the chicken dry. Arrange the chicken on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Roast for 20 to 30 minutes, or until crispy and cooked through. Let rest for 10 minutes before serving. Top each portion with green sauce. Yield: 4 to 5 servings.
- Green Sauce: Combine 3 large scallions, trimmed and halved, 1/4 cup sliced Serrano chile with seeds and ribs, 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice, 2 oz crumbled goat cheese (1/2 cup), 1 tablespoon vegetable oil, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, and 1/2 cup half-and-half in a blender and puree until smooth.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by EleanorCook and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note