Pepper Crusted Ahi Tuna with Sweet and Spicy Asian Slaw
- Â½ cup(s) Tropical Foodâx80x99s Mexicali FireÂ® Snack Mix
- 2, 4 oz. ounce(s) fresh ahi tuna
- 2 tbsp. tablespoon(s) fresh ground black pepper
- Â¼ cup(s) extra virgin olive oil
- 5 soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon(s) sesame oil
- Â¼ cup(s) rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon(s) honey
- 2 tablespoon(s) mayonnaise
- Zest of 1 lime
- 3 tablespoon(s) ginger , minced
- 1 tablespoon(s) garlic , minced
- 2 tablespoon(s) brown sugar
- 1 cup(s) napa cabbage thinly sliced
- Â½ cup(s) green cabbage thinly sliced
- 1 cup(s) carrots julienned
- Â½ cup(s) wasabi peas
- 1 tablespoon(s) black sesame seeds
- 1 Â½ teaspoon(s) salt
- In a large mixing bowl combine extra virgin olive oil, soy sauce, sesame oil, rice wine vinegar, honey, mayonnaise, lime zest, minced garlic, minced ginger, salt, and brown sugar; set aside.
- Thinly slice napa cabbage and green cabbage, place into another large mixing bowl. Julienne carrots and add to cabbage, set aside. Combine cabbage with dressing and toss in black sesame seeds, wasabi peas and Tropical Food’s Mexicali Fire®.
- Crust each tuna filet with course ground black pepper. Grill or sauté for 2 minutes on each side until seared, but still raw inside.
- Slice and plate with Asian slaw.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by tropicalfoods and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note