Penne With Bacon and Black Olives
Upgrade this penne by adding canned or jarred artichoke hearts or capers to the marinara sauce and olives before simmering. Recipe by Jane Kirby and Roopika Nayar, February 2003. From the Real Simple website: http://www.realsimple.com/food-recipes/browse-all-recipes/penne-bacon-black-olives-00000000045764/index.html.
- 12 ounce(s) penne pasta
- 8 slice(s) bacon, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon(s) chopped fresh rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) crushed red pepper
- 1 26-ounce jar(s) marinara sauce
- 1 cup(s) pitted black olives
- Kosher salt and black pepper
- 1. Cook the pasta according to the package directions. Drain.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a large skillet over medium heat, cook the bacon, stirring, until crisp, 6 to 8 minutes.
- 3. Using a slotted spoon, transfer the bacon to a paper towel-lined plate and discard the drippings.
- 4. Return skillet to medium heat. Add the rosemary and crushed red pepper and cook until fragrant, 30 seconds.
- 5. Add the marinara and olives and bring to a simmer. Add the pasta and ¼ teaspoon each salt and pepper and toss to combine.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note