- 1 1/2 cup(s) Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) Salt
- 2 tablespoon(s) granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup(s) butter Chilled
- 4 tablespoon(s) Ice Water
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup(s) light corn Syrup
- 2 tablespoon(s) dark corn syrup
- 3/4 cup(s) light brown sugar
- 3 tablespoon(s) butter, melted
- 1 pinch(s) salt
- 1/2 cup(s) pecans finely crushed
- 1 cup(s) pecans quartered
- 1 cup(s) pecans halves
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- In medium bowl, combine flour, salt and white sugar. Cut butter into flour mixture until it resembles course crumbs. Gradually sprinkle water over the dry mixture, stirring until dough comes together to form a soft ball.
- On a floured surface flatten dough ball with rolling pin. roll out into a circle that is one inch larger than pie dish. Place pie shell into dish and refrigerate until pie filling is complete.
- Pie Filling
- In a medium bowl, mix together eggs, light and dark corn syrups, brown sugar butter, salt and finely crushed pecans. Spread quartered pecans over bottom of refrigerated pie crust. Pour syrup mixture over top of pecans, then arrange pecan halves on top of pie.
- Bake one hour or until firm. Let cool at least one hour before serving.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by crosscourt and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Pecan Pie Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Pies/Pastries