Peanut Butter Truffles
Community Recipe from
- 2 cup(s) sugar
- 1 (5 oz.) can(s) evaporated milk
- 1/2 cup(s) butter
- 2 cup(s) mini marshmellows
- 3/4 cup(s) creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) vanilla
- 12 ounce(s) chocolate, semisweet chopped
- 2 teaspoon(s) shortening
- peanuts finely chopped
- Butter the side of a medium heavy sauce pan. In the saucepan, combine sugar, evaporated milk, and butter. Cook and stir over medium-high heat until mixture is boiling. Reduce heat to medium; continue boiling at a moderate, steady rate for 12 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove saucepan from heat. Stir in marshmellows, peanut butter and vanilla. Transfer to a large bowl. Chill for 45 minutes to 1 hour or until mixture is thick and can be molded.
- Line a large baking sheet with waxed paper or parchment paper. Shape mixture into 1-inch balls; place on the prepared baking sheet. Freeze for 15 minutes.
- In medium saucepan, combine chocolate and shortening. Cook and stir over low heat until melted. Dip balls, one at a time, into melted chocolate. Let excess chocoated drip off balls. Place on the wire rack set over waxed paper. Sprinkle with peanuts. Let stand until chocolate is set.
- Makes 50 truffles.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by KathyGill and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note