Pasta Alla Checca
Community Recipe from
- 3 quart(s) water
- 4 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 4 clove(s) garlic, thickly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) red pepper flakes
- 2 pound(s) fresh Roma tomatoes, peeled, seeded, and quartered
- 3/4 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) dried oregano
- 15 fresh basil leaves
- 1 teaspoon(s) sugar
- 3/4 cup(s) chicken broth
- 3/4 cup(s) tomato sauce
- 1 pound(s) pasta, spaghettini or angel hair
- 4 tablespoon(s) Pecorino Romano cheese, freshly grated
- Bring the water for the pasta to a boil in a large pot.
- Heat the oil and garlic in a large saute pan set on medium-high heat until the oil starts to sizzle, about 2 minutes. Stir in the red pepper flakes, tomatoes, salt, pepper, oregano, basil and sugar and cook for 2 minutes. Add the stock and tomato sauce and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to low and simmer, uncovered, for 8-10 minutes. You want the tomatoes to cook through but not fall apart.
- Cook the spaghetti in the boiling water until just tender. Drain well and return to the pot. Pour the sauce over the pasta and cook over medium heat for 3 minutes, stirring constantly, until the pasta is well coated. Top with the cheese and toss well.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by robinarroyave and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note