Community Recipe from
- 2/3 cup(s) panko breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoon(s) fresh parsley minced
- 1 teaspoon(s) lemon zest grated
- 2 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 4 whole(s) 6-8 oz. salmon fillets skin on
- 2 tablespoon(s) dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoon(s) grapeseed oil
- 1 whole(s) lemon cut in wedges
- 1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- 2. In a small bowl, mix together the panko, parsley, lemon zest, 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, 1/2 teaspoon pepper. Drizzle with the olive oil and stir until the crumbs are evenly coated. Set aside.
- 3. Place the salmon fillets, skin side down, on a board. Brush the top of the fillets with mustard and then sprinkle generously with kosher salt and pepper. Press the panko mixture thickly on top of the mustard on each fillet.
- 4. Heat the grapeseed oil over medium-high heat in a 12-inch cast-iron skillet or large heavy, ovenproof pan. When the oil is very hot, add the salmon, skin side down. Sear for 3-4 minutes, without turning (to brown skin).
- 5. Transfer the pan (uncovered) to the hot oven for 5-7 minutes until the salmon is almost cooked and the panko is browned. Remove from the oven, cover with foil and allow to rest (5-10 mins). Serve with lemon wedges.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by CKSchirmeier and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Panko-Crusted Salmon Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes