PAN YEAST ROLLS
Let Rise: 2 Hours
- 1 cup(s) nstant grits or quick grits, uncooked
- 1/3 cup(s) sugar
- 1 tablespoon(s) salt
- 3 cup(s) hot water
- 1/3 cup(s) vegetable oil
- 6 to 6 1/2 cup(s) all-purpose flour
- 2 package(s) dry yeast (two 1/4 ounce packages or 4 1/2 teaspoons)
- Combine instant grits, sugar, and salt in large bowl. Add water, oil and 2 cups of the flour. Beat 2 minutes on low speed with mixer. Add 1 cup additional flour and yeast. Beat 1 minute on low speed. Stir in additional flour to make soft dough. Turn out on floured board and knead until smooth and elastic. Add additional flour if needed.
- Spray two round cake pans and divide dough in half. Shape each half into 18 balls and place in pans. Cover and let rise 1 to 2 hours until doubled in size. Bake in preheated 400 degree oven 20 to 25 minutes until golden brown. Brush with butter. Makes about 36 rolls. Serve warm.
- Note: I have also made the dough balls larger and placed in a 9 x 13 inch greased cake pan. They will be more like sandwich rolls if made this way.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note