Oven-Baked Fish Sticks
Community Recipe from
- 3 cup(s) panko bread crumbs
- 1/3 cup(s) EVOO
- 1 tablespoon(s) seafood seasoning (Old Bay)
- 3 large eggs
- 2 1/2 pound(s) tilapia fillets, skinless, cut into 1 inch strips
- 1. Heat oven to 450 F. On a large rimmed baking sheet, toss the bread crumbs with the oil, seafood seasoning, and 1/2 tsp salt. Toast in oven, tossing once, until golden brown, 5-7 minutes. Transfer to a shallow bowl and wipe out the baking sheet. In a second shallow bowl, beat the eggs with 1 tbs. water.
- 2. Working with a few pieces at a time, dip the fish in the beaten eggs (shaking off any excess), then coat with the bread crumbs (pressing gently to help them to adhere). Place in a single layer on 2 parchment-lined large baking sheets.
- 3. To serve immediately: Bake the fish sticks at 450 F until crisp and opaque throughout, 12-15 minutes. Serve with the coleslaw and ketchup.
- 4. To freeze and serve later: Freeze the uncooked fish sticks on the baking sheets until firm, then transfer to freezer bags and freeze for up to 3 months. To cook, bake the fish sticks from frozen on parchment-lined baking sheets at 450 F until crisp and opaque throughout, 18-20 minutes.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by kateseats59 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Oven-Baked Fish Sticks Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes