Oscar's Flank Steak Marinade; courtesy of Carolina Club chef Oscar A. La Fuente
Community Recipe from
- 1/3 cup(s) olive oil
- 2 clove(s) garlic minced
- 2 tablespoon(s) red wine vinegar
- 1/3 cup(s) soy sauce
- 1/4 cup(s) honey
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) black pepper ground
- 2 pound(s) flank steak
- kosher salt
- black pepper
- 1. Mix marinade ingredients. Score meat in cuts 1/4 deep across the grain. Put meat and marinade in large ziplock, coating steak well. Chill for at least 2 hours up to overnight.
- 2. Using an olive oil-soaked paper towel, coat grill. Preheat to high; grill is hot enough when you can hold your hand 1" above it for about a second.
- 3. Remove steak from bag and sprinkle generously on both sides with salt and pepper; this will help form a savory crust. Place steak on the grill; if using gas, cover the grill. Grill 4-6 minutes per side for medium rare. Rotate steak halfway through each cooking time to create cool grill marks.
- 4. Remove steak from grill, place on plate and cover with aluminum foil. Let rest for 10 minutes. Slice thinly across the grain. You can do this on a slight diagonal to increase width if desired.
- Optional: bring excess marinade to boil in non-stick pan, then simmer for several minutes to create sauce to serve with the steak.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by wbduval and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note