“Oh My! Pumpkin Pie!” Macarons
- 1 cup(s) Tropical Food’s Diet Delight® Snack Mix separated
- 1 cup(s) confectioners' sugar
- 2 large egg whites room temperature
- pinch(s) cream of tartar
- ¼ cup(s) superfine sugar
- ½ tablespoon(s) pumpkin pie spice
- PUMPKIN RAISIN FILLING
- ¼ cup(s) pumpkin purée
- ¼ cup(s) cream cheese softened
- 2 tablespoon(s) orange juice
- 1 tablespoon(s) pumpkin pie spice
- 2 tablespoon(s) butter softened
- 1 cup(s) powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Separate nuts from raisins in Tropical Food’s Diet Delight®. Use a food processor to grind nuts to a powder, but do not let it grind to a butter.
- Sift the nut flour with confectioners’ sugar and pumpkin pie spice into a small bowl.
- In a separate bowl, whip the egg whites until foamy; add cream of tartar and superfine sugar. Whip to a stiff peak.
- Sift nut flour over egg mixture and fold together. Scrape batter into a piping bag with round tip sized for desired macaron size.
- Pipe out identical rounds of batter and let sit until a light skin is formed.
- Lower oven to 325 degrees and bake macarons for 10 minutes, rotating halfway between.
- Let cool for 5 minutes, and then fill.
- To make filling, place raisins from Diet Delight® into a food processor and process until chopped. Add the remaining filling ingredients and process until well blended.
- Scrape into a bag and pipe a small amount sandwiched between two macarons.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by tropicalfoods and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note