Oatmeal Chocolate Cherry Crisps
As a registered dietitian, I have decided there's no reason to make apologies for my sweet tooth. If I know how to do one thing well, it's balance my need and hunger for healthy, whole foods with those dishes that are meant as a special, calorie-filled indulgence. These thin, crispy cookies are the perfect choice.
Yield: 1 serving
Community Recipe from
- 1/2 cup(s) butter
- 3/4 cup(s) brown sugar
- 1 whole(s) egg
- 1 teaspoon(s) vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoon(s) honey
- 1/2 cup(s) white whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon(s) baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1 3/4 cup(s) old fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup(s) dried cherries
- 1/2 cup(s) semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Coat a baking sheet with cooking spray. (These cookies do tend to stick).
- In mixing bowl of a large stand mixer, cream together butter and brown sugar. Add egg and continue beating until smooth (do not overbeat). Mix in the vanilla and honey. Combine flour, baking soda and salt; beat into butter mixture. Beat in oats, dried cherries and chocolate chips.
- Scoop dough out by spoonfuls at least 2 inches apart on baking sheet (cookies will spread). Bake for 12 minutes, or until the edges are lightly browned and center is golden. Allow to cool in pan for 10 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack to cool completely.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by reganmiller and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Oatmeal Chocolate Cherry Crisps Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Cookies