Nutmeg Ice Cream
Community Recipe from
- 1 1/2 cup(s) Milk
- 1 1/2 cup(s) Heavy cream
- 3 whole(s) Large eggs
- 3/4 cup(s) Sugar
- 1/4 cup(s) Nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon(s) Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) Vanilla
- In a saucepan bring the milk and cream just to a boil.
- In a bowl, whisk together the eggs, sugar, nutmeg, salt and vanilla
- Whisk 1/2 cup of the milk mixture into the egg mixture and whisk the mix into the remaining milk mixture.
- Cook the custard over moderate heat, stirring constantly with a wooden spatula until it register 175 degrees with candy thermometer.
- Transfer the custard to a metal bowl set in a larger bowl of ice with cold water and stir until cold.
- Freeze the custard in an ice cream freezer according to the manufacturers instructions.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by jtfodel and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Nutmeg Ice Cream Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Ice Cream/Sherbet
- MAIN INGREDIENT: Dairy