This is the best chili recipe and it is so easy.
Nonstop, No-Chop Chili -- Cooking Light September 2002
Best chili recipe ever! The original calls for 11/2 cups frozen whole-kernal corn but I always just use a can of corn. I've been making this since it came out in the magazine and it is always a big hit. Great with corn chips or on burgers. It freezes really well also.
- 3/4 pound(s) ground round
- 2 cup(s) water
- 1 can(s) corn
- 2 tablespoon(s) chili powder
- 1 tablespoon(s) sugar
- 21/2 teaspoon(s) ground cumin
- 11/2 teaspoon(s) dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) salt
- 16 ounce(s) chili beans undrained
- 14 1/2 ounce(s) no salt added diced tomatoes undrained
- 1 cup(s) salsa
- Cook ground round in a large Dutch oven coated with cooking spray over medium high heat 4 minutes or until beef is browned, stirring occasionally. Stir in water and remaining ingredients, and bring to a boil. Reduce hear, and simmer 25 minutes. Yield: 6 one cup servings.
- 254 calries (28% from fat); Fat 8g (sat 2.8, mono 2.4g, poly 0.6); Protein 18g; carb 30.5 g; fiber 7.2 g; chol 24mg; iron 3.9mg; sodium 649mg; calc 96mg
This recipe is a personal recipe added by rkrefft and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note