Neapolitan Cake Batter Cookies
Community Recipe from
- Neapolitan Cake Batter Cookies
- PREP TIME1 Hr 15 Min
- Rhonda in Missouri
- * TOTAL TIME1 Hr 30 Min
- * SERVINGS20
- 1 cup Betty Crocker® SuperMoist® strawberry cake mix
- 1 cup Betty Crocker® SuperMoist® devilâ€™s food cake mix
- 2 pouches (1 lb 1.5 oz each) Betty Crocker® sugar cookie mix
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- Cream Cheese Frosting
- 1 package (8 oz) cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 3/4 cups powdered sugar
- 1 Heat oven to 375°F. In 2 separate small bowls, place 1/2 cup each of the dry strawberry cake mix and dry devilâ€™s food cake mix; set aside.
- * 2 In medium bowl, stir 1 pouch cookie mix, remaining 1/2 cup strawberry cake mix, 1/2 cup of the butter and 1 egg until soft dough forms. Shape dough into 20 (1 1/2-inch) balls. Roll in reserved strawberry cake mix, coating completely. On ungreased cookie sheet, place balls 2 inches apart.
- * 3 In another medium bowl, stir second pouch of cookie mix, remaining 1/2 cup devilâ€™s food cake mix, remaining 1/2 cup butter and remaining egg until soft dough forms. Shape dough into 20 (1 1/2-inch) balls. Roll in reserved devilâ€™s food cake mix, coating completely. On ungreased cookie sheet, place balls 2 inches apart.
- * 4 Bake 8 to 10 minutes or just until set. (Watch closely to prevent cookies from getting too crispy and overbaked.) Cool 1 minute; remove from cookie sheets to cooling racks. Cool completely, about 15 minutes.
- * 5 In large bowl, beat cream cheese, 3/4 cup butter and the vanilla with electric mixer on medium speed until blended. Gradually add powdered sugar, beating until frosting is light and fluffy.
- * 6 For each sandwich cookie, spread 1 1/2 rounded teaspoons frosting on bottom of 1 strawberry cookie. Top with 1 devilâ€™s food cookie, bottom side down; gently press together.
- Experiment with different varieties of cake mix for other fun flavor combinations.
- Save time by substituting Betty Crocker® Whipped cream cheese frosting, or your favorite flavor, for the scratch frosting.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by dwanna and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Neapolitan Cake Batter Cookies Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Cookies