Nathan's Red beans and rice
Community Recipe from
- 3 quart(s) Water
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) Tabasco sauce
- 1 teaspoon(s) worchestershire sauce
- 1 pound(s) Red beans
- 1 cup(s) Chopped celery
- 1 cup(s) Chooped yellow onion
- 1/4 cup(s) Chopped parsley
- 3 clove(s) Garlic
- 2 whole(s) Bay leaves
- 1/2 pound(s) Ham cubed
- 1/4 pound(s) Hot sausage
- 1/2 pound(s) Smoked sausage
- 3 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Clean the beans. Plac wall ingredients, except salt and pepper in a large pot and bring to a boil. Cook uncovered for 2 hours or more until beans are soft. Add water as necessary. To get a creamy texture, smash some of the beans on the side of the pot. Add salt and pepper to taste. Serve over rice in a large bowl, since the mixture is a lot of liquid.
- If you use sausage, it is better to cook the sausage separately and add toward the end of cooking.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by amyblake and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note