Mushrooms with leftover stuffing
Community Recipe from
- 30 large white mushrooms, 2 inches
- 3 cup(s) cornbread sausage stuffing, cooked
- 1 tablespoon(s) evoo
- 1 tablespoon(s) butter
- 4 ounce(s) provolone cheese
- 4 ounce(s) + 3 tbsp. grated parmesan
- Heat oven to 350. Clean mushrooms with damp cloth. Trim out stems and if needed, widen the bottom opening with a paring knife, going around in a circle. Reserve all mushroom trimmings.
- Line 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Toss mushroom caps in 2 tbsp. EVOO. Place upside down on cooie sheets and season underside with salt and pepper. Bake in oven for 10 minutes (they should begin to brown) and remove and set aside.
- Chop and brown the mushroom trimmings in 1 tbsp EVOO and 1 tbsp. butter until brown. Cool slightly in a bowl. Dice the leftover stuffing to small bits, and put in large bowl. Mix in cheeses (reserve 3 tbsp. parmesan for top) and browned mushrooms. Mixture should be slightly crumbly, but hold together when compressed. If needed, add broth or a bit of EVOO to achieve slightly moist consistency.
- Flip over the caps and stuff generously with filling. Place filling side up on cookie sheets. Sprinkle a bit more parmesan on top. Bake 15-10 minutes. Serve warm or at room temp.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by kateseats59 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Mushrooms with leftover stuffing Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Appetizers