- 8 ounce(s) trumpet mushrooms
- 1/2 cup(s) shallot or red onion diced
- 2 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) salt& pepper
- 2 tablespoon(s) bread crumbs
- 2 teaspoon(s) dijon mustard
- 2 jarlsberg cheese grated
- 2 tablespoon(s) fresh parsley chopped
- 4 sheets phyllo dough
- 3 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 1) The Trumpet Royale can be prepared by hand or in a food processor. In either case you want half the mushrooms medium chopped and the rest finely chopped.
- 2) Heat oil in a pan over medium heat and sauté shallot or onion until translucent, then add mushrooms and seasonings. Cook three minutes longer, remove from heat, then stir in the bread crumbs followed by the mustard, cheese and fresh parsley.
- 3) Lay a sheet of phyllo down, brush lightly with oil, then top with another sheet. Repeat with rest of phyllo and finish with a final coat of oil. Form mushroom mixture into a log shape on dough, leaving a one inch gap at the sides. Roll the phyllo up, push the ends in to seal and place seam side down on a baking pan. Brush top and sides lightly with remaining olive oil.
- 4) Bake in 400° oven about twenty minutes or until pastry is pale golden. Allow to cool five minutes before slicing
This recipe is a personal recipe added by CalRose42 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note