Community Recipe from
- 1/2 pound(s) brown mushrooms clean and chopped
- 1 large onion chopped
- 3 clove(s) garlic finely chopped
- 3 cup(s) cooked brown rice room temp
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup(s) cottage cheese
- 1/2 cup(s) sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) fine grain sea salt
- 1/3 cup(s) fresh grated parmesan
- tarragon chopped
- Preheat oven to 350. Grease 13x9 baking dish.
- In a large skillet over med-high heat, saute the mushrooms in olive oil sprinkled with a couple of pinches of salt. Stir frequently until mushrooms have released their liquid and browned. Add onions and cook for 4-5 min or until translucent. Stir in garlic, cook another minute and remove from heat. Add rice to skillet and stir until combined.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs, cottage cheese, sour cream and salt.
- Combine rice and cottage cheese mixture, stir well and turn out into baking dish. Sprinkle with 2/3 of the parmesan, cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes. Remove foil and let bake another 20-30 minutes or until hot throughout and golden brown on edges. Sprinkle with tarragon and remaining parmesan before serving.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by aislinn and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note