Moroccan Saffron Chicken Recipe
Community Recipe from
- 1 whole(s) chicken
- Total Time: 1 hour, 15 minutes
- • 1 whole chicken, cut into pieces and skin removed (Or try boneless chicken cut into bite size pieces)
- • 2 large sweet onions, chopped medium
- • 1 tablespoon ground ginger
- • 1 teaspoon white pepper
- • 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- • 2 sticks of cinnamon
- • 1 teaspoon saffron threads, crumbled
- • 1 teaspoon turmeric
- • 1 1/2 to 2 teaspoons salt
- • 1/4 cup butter
- • 1/4 cup olive oil
- • 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Mix all ingredients in a Dutch oven or heavy-bottomed pot. Cover, and cook over medium to medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, for about 1 hour, or until the chicken is very tender and pulls easily off the bone. Do not add water, and be careful not to burn the chicken.
- Reduce the liquids until they are mostly oils. Discard the cinnamon sticks, and taste for seasoning. (The sauce should be a bit salty and peppery.)
- Serve the chicken and sauce on a bed of rice or hidden within a mound of steamed broken vermicelli or couscous (Seffa Medfouna).
This recipe is a personal recipe added by StephanieZW and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note