Community Recipe from
- 4 cup(s) chicken shredded
- Classic Mole Poblano Sauce
- From The Whole Chile Pepper Book
- Heat scale: 4 (out of 10)
- Yield: 2 cups
- 4 dried Pasilla chiles, stems and seeds removed
- 4 dried red New Mexican chiles, stems and seeds removed
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 medium tomatoes, peeled and seeds removed, chopped (I used canned chopped tomatoes)
- 2 T sesame seeds
- 1/2 cup almonds
- 1/2 corn tortilla, torn into pieces
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon coriander
- 3 T shortening or vegetable oil (I use canola oil and use less than this)
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 oz bitter chocolate (or more to taste)
- Combine chiles, onion, garlic, tomatoes, 1 T of sesame seeds, almonds, tortilla, raisins. cloves, cinnamon and coriander. Puree small amounts in blender until smooth (I borrow a food processor).
- Melt shortening in skillet and saute the puree for 10 minutes, stirring frequently. Add broth and chocolate and cook over very low heat for 45 minutes. The sauce should be very thick. The remaining sesame seeds are used as a garnish.
- I serve this over chicken or enchiladas. It keeps for at least several months in the freezer.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by northstar and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Mole Sauce Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes