Mixed Nut Tart
Community Recipe from
- 1 pinch(s) love
- For the pie crust:
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup cold unsalted butter, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 4-6 tablespoons cold water
- For the filling:
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups nuts (pecans, hazelnuts, almonds, cashews, etc.)*
- First, make the pie crust. Whisk together flour, sugar, and salt. Add cold butter and mix with a pastry blender or fork until mixture resembles coarse meal and the pieces of butter are pea-sized.
- Add 1 tablespoon cold water and continue mixing. Continue adding water, 1 tablespoon at a time, and mix until dough holds together when you pinch it. (You may not need to use all of the water.)
- Wrap dough tightly in plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Remove dough from refrigerator. If necessary, let it sit at room temperature for 10-15 minutes until slightly softened but still cold.
- Flour work surface. Roll out dough into a circle about 1/4-inch thick.
- Line the bottom of a 9-inch tart pan with parchment paper. Press pie dough into bottom and up the sides of pan, trimming off the excess. Place tart pan on a large baking sheet.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Place eggs in a large mixing bowl and beat lightly. Add butter, sugar, brown sugar, corn syrup, vanilla and salt. Mix well. Stir in nuts.
- Pour filling into pie crust in prepared pan. Leaving the tart pan on the baking sheet, bake 50-60 minutes or until center is set and crust is browned. Let cool in pan.
- Note: If you’re using salted nuts, decrease the salt in the filling to 1/4 teaspoon.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by jenniferld87 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Mixed Nut Tart Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Desserts