Minted Lamb Puff Pastry Bites
Thaw: 40 Minutes
Chill: 30 Minutes
- 3/4 pound(s) ground lamb
- 2 green onions, finely chopped (about 1/4 cup)
- 1/3 cup(s) minced fresh mint leaves
- 3 clove(s) garlic, minced
- Ground black pepper
- All-purpose flour
- 1 sheet Pepperidge FarmxC2xAE Puff Pastry, thawed according to package directions
- 1 egg, beaten
- Plain yogurt and/or mango chutney (optional)
- • Stir the lamb, green onions, mint and garlic in a medium bowl and season with the black pepper.
- • Sprinkle the work surface with the flour. Unfold the pastry sheet on the floured surface. Roll the pastry sheet into a 12 x 10-inch rectangle. Cut the rectangle crosswise into 3 (10 x 4-inch) strips. Brush the pastry strips with the egg.
- • Spoon 1/3 of the lamb mixture lengthwise down the center of each pastry strip. Fold the long sides of each pastry over the filling, overlapping slightly, and press to seal. Place the pastry rolls seam-side down on a baking sheet. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes or until the pastry rolls are firm.
- • Heat the oven to 425°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Cut each pastry roll crosswise into 8 pieces, making 24 pieces in all. Place the pastries onto the prepared baking sheet. Brush the pastries with the egg.
- • Bake for 20 minutes or until the pastries are golden brown. Serve the pastries with the yogurt for dipping, if desired.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note