Mini Wild Salmon Cakes
Fresh wild-caught Alaska salmon is one of the most amazing flavors of summer and Whole Foods Market is particularly careful about where it comes from. For a decade, we've been offering seafood from MSC-certified sustainable fisheries and wild Alaska salmon is just one example. Recipe from the Whole Foods Market website: http://www.wholefoodsmarket.com/recipes/2551.
- 3 tablespoon(s) extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 pound(s) skinless wild-caught salmon fillet
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 2 (about 1 pound), finely grated and squeezed firmly to remove excess water
- 1 tablespoon(s) Dijon mustard
- 1 egg, beaten
- 3/4 cup(s) plain bread crumbs
- Lemon wedges
- Heat 2 teaspoons oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Season salmon all over with salt and pepper then cook, flipping once, until golden brown and just cooked through, 7 to 8 minutes. Once cool, break into small flakes in a bowl, removing any bones. Add zucchini, mustard, egg and 1/4 teaspoon pepper and toss gently to combine.
- Form salmon mixture into 16 (3-inch) patties, coating each lightly in breadcrumbs. Heat remaining oil in large skillet over medium heat. Cook half the patties, flipping once, until deep golden brown and cooked through, 6 to 7 minutes total. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate and season with salt; repeat process with remaining patties. Serve salmon cakes hot, with lemon wedges on the side.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note