Mini Brie and Arugula Sandwiches with Apple Mustard
- 1 Granny Smith apple, peeled, cored and chopped
- 1 tablespoon(s) lemon juice
- 2 teaspoon(s) sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoon(s) Dijon mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon(s) salt
- 3/4 cup(s) (about 1 oz) packed baby arugula
- 12 thin slice(s) rye hearth bread, crusts removed, cut into 48 2-inch squares and lightly toasted
- 1 350g wheel(s) French Brie, cut into 24 wedges
- Put apple, lemon juice and sugar into a small pot, cover and cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until apples are very soft and liquid is absorbed, 8 to 10 minutes. Purée in a food processor along with mustard and salt; set aside to let cool. Spread mustard on half of the rye squares and arrange a few leaves of arugula on top. Top each with a wedge of Brie, a dollop of apple mustard and the remaining rye squares and serve. The apple mustard can be made a few days ahead and stored in the fridge.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note