The flavor of this soup was superb....very easy to make...I put the spinach in the bowl and poured the soup on top...and I did add more of the pesto....even DH loved it and he is picky when it comes to vegetables....
MInestrone with Chickpeas
Community Recipe from
- 1 cup(s) eggplant chopped
- 1 cup(s) zucchini chopped
- 1 cup(s) squash chopped
- 1/2 cup(s) red bell pepper chopped
- 1/2 cup(s) onion chopped
- 1 clove(s) garlic minced
- 28 ounce(s) vegetable broth
- 28 ounce(s) diced tomatoes undrained
- 1 strip(s) bay leaf
- 1 tablespoon(s) parsley chopped
- 1 tablespoon(s) commercial pesto
- 1 teaspoon(s) fresh oregano chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) black pepper
- 31 ounce(s) chickpeas rinsed and drained
- 2 cup(s) spinach chopped
- Heat large saucepan over med high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray.
- Add eggplant and next 4 ingredients - through garlic- and saute until onion is tender.
- Stir in broth, tomatoes, and bay leaf and remaining spices. Add chickpeas and bring to boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes or until heated through.
- Stir in spinach and serve immediately.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by SandyPTA and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
MInestrone with Chickpeas Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Soups/Stews