Community Recipe from
- 2-5 tablespoon(s) warm water (105-115 degrees)
- 1 package(s) active dry yeast
- 1 tablespoon(s) sugar
- 2-1/4 cup(s) flour
- 1/3 cup(s) cold butter (cut into 5 pieces)
- 1 teaspoon(s) salt
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 tablespoon(s) milk
- 1 egg
- 1. Combine 2 tbsp. of the waer, yeast and sugar. Stir to dissolve yeast and let stand
- until bubbly, about 5 minutes.
- 2. Fit processor with steel blade. Measure flour, butter and salt into work bowl.
- Process until mixed, about 20 seconds.
- 3. Add yeast mixture to flour mixture. Porcess until blended, about 10 seconds.
- 4. Turn on processor and gradually drizzle the 2 beaten eggs through feed tube into
- flour mixture. Continue processing while very slowly drizzling just enough
- remaining water through feed tube so dough forms a ball the cleans the sides of
- the bowl. Process until ball turns around bowl about 25 times. Turn off processor
- and let dough stand, covered, in work bowl at room temperature 30 min.
- 5. Turn on processor and dradually drizzle in enough remaining water to make
- dough soft, smooth and satiny but not sticky.**Process until dough turns around
- bowl about 25 times. Turn off processor and let dough stand, covered, in work
- bowl at room temperature 30 min.
- 6. Process again until dough turns around bowl about 25 times. Turn dough onto
- lightly greased surface. Pinch off about 1/2 cup of the dough, shape into a
- smooth ball and reserve.
- 7. Shape remaining dough into a smooth ball and place in well greased brioche pan
- about 6-1/2" wide in center of dough and insert smaller ball of dough. Make
- indentation about 1-1/2" wide in center of dough and insert smaller ball of dough.
- Cover loosely with plastic wrap and let stand in warm place (85 degrees) until
- doubled, about 1 hour.
- 8. Heat oven to 350. Beat milk and remaining egg with fork. Brush mixture over
- brioche. Bake until evenly browned and loaf begins to pull away from sides of the
- pan, 45-55 min.
- 9. Cool bread 5 min. in pan. Carefully remove the pan and cool on wire rack.
- Handwritten note: Roll out dough as if you are going to make cinnamon rolls. Make a mixture of butter, garlic and parmesan and spread over dough. Roll up and cut into slices. Place on cookie sheet and let rise and bake at 375 for 20-30 min.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by dwatson and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Mike's Brioche Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Breads