Mexican Stuffed Shells
Community Recipe from
- 1 pound(s) Ground beef or turkey
- 1 pound ground beef (or ground turkey)
- 1 package low-sodium taco seasoning
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 18-20 jumbo pasta shells
- 1 1/2 cups salsa
- 1 cup taco sauce
- 1 cup cheddar cheese
- 1 cup Monterrey jack cheese (I use pepper jack)
- For toppings:
- 3 green onions, black olives
- Sour cream
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- In a pan brown the ground meat; add taco seasoning and prepare according to package directions. Add cream cheese, cover and simmer until cheese is melted. Stir together and mix well. Set aside and cool completely.
- While ground meat is cooking, cook the pasta shells according to package directions; drain. Set shells out individually on cutting board or baking sheet so that they don’t stick together.
- Pour salsa on bottom of a 9×13 baking dish. Stuff each shell with 1-2 tablespoons of the meat mixture. Place shells in 9×13 pan open side up. Evenly cover shells with taco sauce. Cover dish with foil and bake for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes, add shredded cheese and bake for 10-15 more minutes with the foil removed. Top with green onions or olives if desired. Serve with sour cream and/or more salsa.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by EleanorCook and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Mexican Stuffed Shells Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes