- 6 slice(s) bacon, cooked crisp chopped
- 2 tablespoon(s) jalapeno peppers chopped
- 1 small onion chopped fine
- 6 ounce(s) Monterrey-Jack Cheese shredded
- 1 cup(s) cornmeal
- 2 tablespoon(s) sugar
- 1 teaspoon(s) baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon(s) salt
- 4 tablespoon(s) bacon grease
- 1 cup(s) corn
- 1 cup(s) buttermilk
- 3 large eggs slightly beaten
- Combine dry ingredients and mix well. Add liquid ingredients and mix well. Add vegetables, cheese and bacon, stirring after each addition. Bake in greased muffin tins in a preheated oven at 350 degrees F. for 30 minutes, or until top of muffins are browned.
- Note: Good cold but you can make ahead and reheat. You can freeze the leftovers.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by JoanneGreen and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note