Mediterranean White Bean and Spinach Soup
Community Recipe from
- 1 tablespoon(s) extra virgin olive oil
- 3 clove(s) garlic minced
- 1 medium carrot thinly sliced
- 1/2 medium onion diced finely
- 4 1/2 cup(s) low-sodium vegetable stock
- 1 can(s) no-salt diced tomatoes 14 oz
- 1 can(s) no-salt cannellini beans (any white bean may be substituted) 14 oz
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) rosemary
- 1 teaspoon(s) dried Italian seasoning
- 1 dash(es) ground pepper optional
- 1 dash(es) red pepper flakes optional
- 4 ounce(s) whole-wheat pasta (shells or elbows) optional
- 4 cup(s) baby spinach
- 4 teaspoon(s) shredded Parmesan cheese
- In a large skillet heat oil over medium-high heat. Sauté garlic, carrots, and onions until the carrots are soft, about 5 minutes.
- Add stock, tomatoes, beans, pasta shells, rosemary, Italian seasoning, and pepper to skillet. Bring to boil.
- Add shells and cook 14 minutes. If soup is too thick simply add a bit more stock.
- Stir in spinach and continue cooking until wilted.
- Serve in soup bowls and sprinkle parmesan on top.
- Makes 6 servings. Per Serving: 1 1/3 cups
- Per serving: 199 calories, 4 g total fat (<1 g saturated fat), 32 g carbohydrate
- 10 g protein, 4 g dietary fiber, 85 mg sodium.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Desposito and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note