- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Large Onion 1/4inch dice
- 2 clove(s) Garlic
- pinch(s) Crushed Red Pepper
- 1 pound(s) Ground Chuck
- 1 pound(s) Ground Pork
- 1 pound(s) Ground Veal
- 4 Large Eggs
- 3/4 cup(s) Fresh Grated Parmgiano
- 3/4 cup(s) Fresh Grated Romano
- 1/3 cup(s) Fresh Parsley Leaves Finely chopped
- 1 1/2 cup(s) Seasoned Italian Bread Crumbs
- 1/2 cup(s) Water
- Pepper to taste
- Coat a large skillet liberally with olive oil and saute the onions over medium heat. Season the onions with salt/pepper and cook for about 7-8 minutes or until they turn soft and turn translucent. Add fresh garlic and crushed red pepper and saute for another 2 minutes. Set aside and allow to cool.
- In a large bowl combine the ground check, pork and veal, eggs, parmigiano, romano, parsley and bread crumbs. Mix together well with your hands. Add the onion mixture and season generously with salt/pepper and mix well again. Add the water and mix one last time The mixture should be damp. Test by frying one small meatball over medium heat until browned on all sides. Add additional salt and pepper to taste if needed.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Shape the meat into desired size. Coat a large saute pan with olive oil and bring to a medium-high heat. Brown the meatballs on all sides. Place them on a cookie sheet lined with paper towels to drain. Transfer to foil lined cookie sheet and bake them in the preheated oven for about 20 minutes or until the meatballs are cooked all the way through. Serve wiith sauce and pasta of choice.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Brokenwheels and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note