Mashed sweet potatoes with applesauce
Community Recipe from
- 2 pound(s) Sweet potatoes Peeled and cubed
- 2 tablespoon(s) Butter
- 1/4 cup(s) Real maple syrup
- 1 cup(s) Unsweetened chunky applesauce
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) Cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) Salt
- 1. Place cubed sweet potatoes in large saucepan and add cool water to cover. Boil over high heat until potatoes are very soft when pierced with a fork, about 15 minutes.
- 2. Drain potatoes and return to saucepan. Set pan over high heat and stir until any liquid has evaporated, about 30 seconds.
- 3. Lower heat to medium low and add butter. Mash potatoes until desired consistency.
- 4. Add maple syrup, applesauce, cinnamon, and salt; stir until thoroughly combined. Heat through. Serve immediately.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by dmradcliffe and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Mashed sweet potatoes with applesauce Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Side Dishes/Vegetables